Choosing spectacles can often be a daunting thing – whether it is your first pair or a new look. At Hatch End Eyecare we have spent a lot of time and energy on frame choice. For most of our patients this is indeed a part of your face, maybe something you wear everyday so we want to get this right. There is a selection for every age range and for every pocket; from all-inclusive frame and lens packages to the most luxurious brands and hand-made pieces made of gold, wood or titanium. Maybe your spectacles are just for work or you need something specific for sports, e.g. scuba diving or skiing, speak to a member of our team to see how we can help.
Once the perfect frame has been selected – the most appropriate lens for your prescription and your visual and lifestyle needs will be recommended.
Here is a brief overview of the variable lens properties available at Hatch End Eyecare:
- Thickness and weight
- ANTI – scratch/glare/smudge/dust/water/UV
- Blue-UV repellant (for use of smart phones, tablets, VDU screens & LED lighting)
- Photochromic (Transitions available in Grey, Brown)
- Photochromic XTRACTIVE (works behind car windcsreen)
- Impact resistance (safety/sportswear)
- Tint (full, graduated, mirror finish)
- Polarised tint (absolutely NO glare – great for driving, fishing, sailing, skiing)
- Single vision or Anti-fatigue
- Occupational lens (computer and reading)
- Bifocals and Trifocals
Your Favourite teams!
Too much exposure to UV rays, especially sunlight reflected off sand or water,can lead to chronic eye disease. Protect your precious peepers with these sun-blocking tips.
Fortunately, most children don’t spend all day in the bright sun and they naturally protect their eyes from high light levels by squinting. However, eye protection is particularly important for children who spend all day on the water or at the beach, where there is intense glare.